Review


I am not sure if it is just me, but I have found that this play moves sort of slowly. I would say I have not been excited about any of the plot so far. I think it’s the long speeches that drag the thrill of the play down it is like there is three speeches for every one second of action. I understand it is meant to be a drama and not a thriller but at some point, you have to sit back, and think is there enough here to keep, and audience engaged? I am sure maybe there is more to the story in the coming scenes but for now there just isn’t enough happening fast enough for me to really enjoy the story.

Comments

  1. I do think the action is picking up greatly, but I agree slightly with the thought you have about the long speeches drawing the play out. I believe that maybe because we do not have the greatest understanding of what every line means, that the speeches can feel like a lot of unnecessary words; however, I think that it is possible that if we took the time to fully understand each line, then the speeches might be more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Macbeth a lot more than I have enjoyed Hamlet and I believe that most of your criticisms ring true to me as well. Hamlet has been predictable to me and draws on scenes too long in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Read Shakespeare

Ophelia Advice

Hamlet